air blowing from dipstick ybr125 (2007)

conor95
This post is 4141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi new to the site so i apologise for any wrong doing and sorry if anyone thinks its rude for me to be asking questions so soon.

i brought a ybr 07 to learn on but i brought it in the summer and ran into money troubles so it has been sat in the garden (under cover) since august. me and a friend uncovered the bike to change a front fork and he decided to give the bike a once over. now the battery was flat because i kept starting it like a little kid when i first got it so we use the kick start to start it now to begin with it idled slow which we just thought was because it was the first start in a while so we left it to warm up abit while we were doing this my friend looked around the bike. and as he opened the dipstick cap air started to be forced out (with splatters of oil) and the revs of the bike got lower and lower and it cut out. we screwed the cap back up and started the bike again this time it was on a really low idle (almost cuting out). does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? he said it could be the crankcase seal (but my friend is used to 2 strokes and he admitidly said he dosnt know that much about fuel injected 4 strokes) somone else also told me it is more than likely somthing as simple as a blocke crankcase breather can anyone shed any light on my problem??

thanks

conor

(sorry again for the long message)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just pressure in the cases. It will vent through the breather but there is a mass of air moving at all times. That piston humping up and down.

The oil filler is nearer to the driving force of the air thats all.

The idle... The crank will vent into the intake AFTER the air meter (obvious reasons) you have let extra unmetered air in to the system. Esp with a bad battery.

With use and maybe a new battery. Or a charge and possibly a new plug i think it will be fine.

sometimes rather than sitting up a bike for a while its worth firing her up and go down the street and back up to get things moving and working every now and again...

when my bike was sorn i used to warm her up and go up and down the drive way a couple of times admitenly i looked like a cock but atleast i knew she was still having oil circulated and everything was owrking as it should, i would have gone around the back garden but the wheel spin marks are still in the grass off 6 months ago lol

Check the crankcase breather at the rear of the engine and if that is OK I would not worry about it. Lots of spinning cogs in the gearbox which creates air turbulence and splatter. Take it for a good blast. Before you do clean the plug, change the fuel and oil, check the tyres and brakes.You can adjust an idle

nice thanks for the help. we cleaned the plug cleaned the air filter (had oil in it and up the crank case breather we think from were it was knocked over in the garden) charged the battery and now it seems to be running better. but my friend keeps opening the oil cap while the engine is running and there is still air comong out of there. but i thought you were not ment to open the oil cap while the engine was running anyway?

thanks again

but my friend keeps opening the oil cap while the engine is running and there is still air comong out of there. but i thought you were not ment to open the oil cap while the engine was running anyway?

thanks again

You are not. Just chop his fingers off.

Whirling cogs cause turbulence. Whirling cogs in a bath of oil cause turbulence and oil splatter.