Problem with clutch lever resistance xt125 x 07

WherEmEweeD
This post is 4142 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I recently emptied my engine oil for a refill and also put in a new set of clutch plates.

Now i have everything back together.

No engine oil is in it. would this be the reason for my clutch lever to have no force/resistance in it?

If i refill the oil would the clutch lever comes back to life?

Cheers in advance for the help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i can remember the friction plates being correctly aligned the normal plate i can remember seeing a small bump on each of them but the haynes manual said nothing about the right way to put the plain plates in.

I did also have the alternator cover off but didn't touch anything

I can't see any obvious way of putting the plain plates on in a right method. Haynes just states to put the friction then normal then friction etc.

I have the clutch plates out and am not sure where i went wrong

Could it be that i have lost the ball bearing that goes in front of the pushrod which is connected to the pressure plate?

is there a little nut with a screw ?
one of those slacken the clutch cable at the lever then un do the nut turn the screw till you feel resistance turn the screw slightly the opposit way after you do and then tighten the nut jobbys?

sorry about being useless at explaining.