MY 1989 DT125E 3MD1 PROJECT

NEV
This post is 4195 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Picked this up the other week, needed a fair bit of a tickle up, loom was totally buggered, and it wouldn't start, and needed a couple of panels.

This is how I got the bike

1989dtr2jpg.jpg

1989dtr1.jpg

I was going to go to town on it and strip it right down, then do a total rebuild, but my eldest daughters boyfriend has just done his CBT, and I said he can use it till he does his direct access. so basically I'm getting it tidied up so it's roadworthy, and through the MOT, I've pretty much got all the bits I needed such as panels, sprayed up tank, re-upholstered seat, a servo for the powervalve, and a few other bits and bobs. Managed to sort all the loom out, new Iridium spark plug, air filter, changed and re-jetted the carb, starts up and runs sweet now, and starting tomorrow I'll be getting it all put back together again.

Seat recovered and shaped, plus a fancy cut out.

img0811ac.jpg

img0812ag.jpg

More pics to come

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 on the seat... very nice. :) where do you find the time??

Stubbied and polished the old school DEP end can today, but did it a little different this time,

img0822ha.jpg

img0823k.jpg

Stubbied and polished the old school DEP end can today, but did it a little different this time,

img0822ha.jpg

img0823k.jpg

Also noticed that the expansion pipe is an unrestricted 3mb one, so have taken a wire brush to it, and sprayed nice and black now

oh aye pics of the bike so far, am changing rad scoop panels, for new type ones

. It's pretty much going to be a White version of the Black one, or as near as damn it.

Some pics of where I am with it at the minute.

img0814ai.jpg

img0820al.jpg

img0821fc.jpg

Still a fair bit to do to it, decals need sorting, , resprayed sidestand needs swapping with the one thats on at the minute, and the rear indicators need fixing on, engine casings need spraying, banging the powervalve servo on, Acerbis neoprene fork socks to put on, get forks sprayed White and Green. Hoping to have it sorted for this weekend.

Cheers John, I'll go to town on it when I get it back off daughters boyfriend after he does his direct access next year sometime.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online