Charging voltage

Ladyboy Rider
This post is 4221 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My sons 535 has a continuing battery problem. To make matters a bit worse it has a (previously fitted) home fitted set of california lights on the front and the wiring is p***poor. Basically it seem to burn through batteries. Could this be caused by a short in the lighting circuit?. I ve taken at least two batteries out and they have had no electrolyte in them at all. A sign of over charging? . The book says you should have a voltage of between 14.3 and 15.3 at 2000 rpm. I have nt got a rev counter but at tick over its around 12v and at at a guestimate of 2000 rpm it comes in at at about 15 (I know ..how do you guess 2000rpm) at top revs it goes up to about 18 volts.......is this too much ....would this cause the battery to overheat?.

If so which bit do I need to change, is it just the voltage regulator (is there one?)

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Airhead,

that seems like an easy enough fix.

Ladyboy Rider, because whe I first turned up at work on my 535, its a kind of metal flecked browny cream colour, shiney chrome every where and LEATHER TASSLES, coleagues remarked that it looked a bit of a girlie , I said it was all man.... so they christened it The Ladyboy and it kinda stuck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online