YBR 125 clicking sound on deceleration

dewang
This post is 3690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've got a YBR 125 that I bought in the end of April. I've been using it for commuting about 25 miles everyday and it has done approximately 13,000 miles now.

I've started to hear a slight ticking/clicking sound when I come off the throttle. It sound like it might be the chain but I'm not sure.

I have cleaned and lubed the chain a couple of times since I got it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Define couple of times on that chain lube. If you really mean one or two times then even money its the chain.

My tdr chain is knackered and that does the same. Do you get highfrequency vibes through the pegs that make your toes numb.

Define couple of times on that chain lube. If you really mean one or two times then even money its the chain.

My tdr chain is knackered and that does the same. Do you get highfrequency vibes through the pegs that make your toes numb.

Yes I do mean twice in the time that I've had it (approx 5 months). I don't get any vibes through the pegs. Seems fine in every other respect.

Do you reckon it means I need a new chain?

Should really be done weekly if its open to the elements. Different seasons make no difference dust in summer, water and salt in winter.

I would give it a good lube and check it carefully before looking elsewhere as the bikes are pretty bomb proof otherwise.

• 1 year later...

After two years on my YBR I just noticed the same thing happening today. Going down the gears feels really rattly, and they make an ovious clink (not a thud, more like a clatter) and when I come off the throttle and let it roll more or less, it sounds like something's loose somewhere. Going to sort out the chain (been a good month since I've given it care, oops) but I'm really hoping it's nothing internal. Nothing on accelleration or steady speed though- just going down. If i'm in 3rd doing about 22-25mph with the throttle off it's pretty obvious. Never heard it before though!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online