Gear problem

R617
This post is 4188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi R6, it might be an idea to do an INTRO first (New Member section) before asking for advice, some people like to know something about you before they will answer your question, not grumpy just polite to say Hi first, try putting your question in the WORKSHOP section as well as people will know you have a problem as it's in there. Someone will have a fix or diagnosis for you as there are a lot of R6 owners on here. :jossun:

P.S. Welcome to the forum always nice to meet new people. :jossun:

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a XJ6F which uses that engine but 'detuned'.. I have owned the bike from 1000 miles, now has 3300 on it 3 months later. Within this time my bike has jumped out and revved to 13k for a second and then my bum falls out and slip in back into gear.. I have experienced this about 8 times, so fairly regularly. Very worrying! I wish i could explain it better but its all over so quickly and it happens when least expecting it!

Well guys" the problem is the dogs [ beveled lugs on side of gears] must be worn or chipped, what happens is when you engage a gear, the dogs lock together, they are under-cut, this makes them pull tighter together as force is applied,[ torque - revs]

If the dogs are worn, they spin apart , [jump out] , so its a rebuild box am afraid, :eusa_doh:

The selector does not hold it in gear,

Well guys" the problem is the dogs [ beveled lugs on side of gears] must be worn or chipped, what happens is when you engage a gear, the dogs lock together, they are under-cut, this makes them pull tighter together as force is applied,[ torque - revs]

If the dogs are worn, they spin apart , [jump out] , so its a rebuild box am afraid, :eusa_doh:

The selector does not hold it in gear,

As blackhat says, its the dogs.

It was a common problem apparantly for your model r6, when the dogs are worn theyre known for jumping out of 2nd gear if you get on the throttle hard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online