New to the site

Lukyboi
This post is 4269 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I own a XT125x 2006 it unfortunatly siezed up the other day proberly my fualt not cheecking the oil so Iv been told doh ? I have got a new engine and so am in the process of swapping them around unfortunatly I am not that good with spanners and things like that so you may see alot of me sorry.

Thanks in advance

Lukyboi

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright mate, welcome to the forum.

Once you get the other engine in, pick up a manual and set about the siezed engine. You cant beat hands on experience

Ok as you said not so good with wrenches oops spaners..... so take alot of pictuers as you go removing the old motor.

it will help sooooooo much .......another tip I can give you is to get a big piece of cardboard and put the bolts in as they correspond to where they came out from (punch holes in the board to fit bolts) then if you have to leave and come back to the job you don't have to relie on memory.

Paper Tape and # wires both side of any plug ..so you can fit them back easly. This is how I taught my son and he is a wiz at striping and reassembling a bike now .

AND #1 rule don't force it back together if it won't go have another look. Taping is OK.... Smashing breaks things

good luck with the swap