crashed bike help urgent

jeannette
This post is 4234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

...Not sure what my old ladies will say when they see their local nurse in leathers on a bike !!!

They'll say "BRILLIANT!" :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stick the footage up so we can have a look.

and if he is new to riding then any big bike will be heavy on insurance but something like an r6 will be very expensive. I personally think he needs to get himself another 125 and get some miles under his belt and learn the art of riding a bit more.

but i still stand with what i sadi about gettinghim to do the maintenance on his machine. things like adjusting the chain and checking his oil/fluids ect ect will teach him to look after it more and will also edge him towards not wrecking the bike as he has put so much into it...

Just read your post Jen,

Looked at your ad on ebay....lovely looking bike before your son's accident and someone has got a real bargain for £720 even with the damage.

I hope the accident hasnt put him off bikes although I imagine you would have got a bit of fright.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't let him get an R6 whatever you do. A 125 is a suitable bike for someone learning and can also be good afterwards. I recently rode lands end to john o groats on a 125 using all types of roads including the m6 and m1. You need to build up a hell of a lot of experience before riding a bike designed for racing. An R6 is an incredibly powerful bike and I personally would not want one.

I rode a 50cc for a year that would just touch 30mph. Then i moved on to a DT125 and rode that from 17 to just afte my 21st birthday and it was a fantastic bike. I now have a Yamaha Rd350 and thats fast enough. A friend who i ride with has an R6 and the amount of near misses he has had and the speed of the bike just scares me.

Glad you've got to the end of your situation and glad you're able to move on from it by putting it down to experience and not giving up on bikes but take tha advice of people on here and ask him to get a 125 and get alot more experience before moving on to a bigger bike.

Woudl be interested in seeing the footage as well!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online