Indicator wiring SR125

Natalie
This post is 4268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I bought some new indicators for my SR125 because when I bought it, it didn't come with any, but I'm having trouble trying to wire them up to my bike.

I was wondering if anyone has any SR125 indicator wiring diagrams that they could link me to?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Usually on Yamaha's you will have two wires for each indicator which are a dark green and a black (earth) for the right hand side indicators and a dark brown and a black for the left hand side indicators. Usually the connectors are in the headlamp shell for the fronts and maybe under the seat area for the rear indicators.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Keyed power runs to the flasher unit then to switch then to lights ground lights where hidden.

hopefully some one else can give you a schematic but if not between what tone and I wrote you should be able to do it. Good luck Phil

As YPVS Tone.

Left is Dark green and black earth

Right is Chocolate and Black earth

Flasher unit connections are Brown and Brown/White

You need to explain at what stage you are having a problem.

Have you found the Dark green and chocolate wires?

Have you got a flasher relay in place?

Have you connected them but they don't flash or flash really quickly?

I have the four wires, but when I connect the terminals there is nothing happening, checked the voltage and I aren't getting anything much >0V. The flasher relay is in place, I aren't sure how to check the terminals of the relay though. The rear indicators have worked intermittently, however they now do not, when they did they flashed very slowly, about 2 seconds per flash.

What would the next thing to do be? Change flasher relay? Rip apart the loom and rebuild it from the ground up?

I had a weak battery and the indicators would light up, but they wouldn't flash. Don't know how old your battery is or whether you should check the specific gravity. Doesn't explain why the rear indicators would work and not the front though does it? Have you checked the fuses? Not sure if this will help as I don't know the relay you have, but it might be worth a read http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7789429_test-threeprong-flasher-relay.html.

Found this helpful for explaining how the circuit works http://www.yamaha-triples.org/workshop/harnett-signals.asp. Might be of some use too. ??

I'm sure someone here will have a better idea. Might want to list all the steps you've taken so far.