petrol leak

kearnsy123
This post is 4309 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

since i put the fazer in the garage everytime i went in im getting a smell of petrol ? i put paper down under fazer and noticed a few drips comein from what look like over flow or breather pipes any ideas ??? is this normal ?? any advice would b great thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

anyone ??

ok i just lifted tank up to c was there any kinked lines etc . i also gave the carbs a tap to c if its a stuck float etc . the drips become quicker when engine is running . i cannot drive the bike with petrol dripping nxt to exhaust.

One of the float valves is leaking in one of the carbs. Problem being if one is leaking the others may follow.

Remove carbs and clean the float chambers and float valves on all 4 minimum.

Its worse when the engine runs due to thr automatic fuel tap/solenoid. When the engine is off so is the fuel.

thanks for the reply .i wouldnt no were to start to remove carbs. the bike was perfect untill i got it restricted and hasnt bin driven since excpt to petrol station to fill it up . untill i sort insurance on it . so its back to place that restricted it .

Too right go back. They have caused the problem.

Dont accept any "well it was fine when we had it ", crap either.

right i took petrol cap off cleaned everything blew up each hose to make sure there not blocked then fit cap back on . started up the bike let it idle for a wile and still a bit of a drip of petrol comeing from overflow ?? next i added a shot of redex and drained the four carbs then started the bike n let it idle . repeated this 3 times and i think the petrol leak has stoped . will check again soon just to b sure !

just back from a spin and there is still petrol comeing from the petrol cap drain tube . it has my head wrecked !! im just goin to block the tube !

You block that pipe and i'll block your posts.

That would be singularily the silliest thing i have heard so far. You do realise you have several gallons of what is basically an explosive liquid directly above a high energy ignition source, a couple of hydraulic lines and a fucking great high energy heat sourse. And inconveniently in very close proximity to your self.

In short block that pipe and you are potentially riding a bomb, you may cause vapour locks, fluid to go where its not ment to, bad just bad stuff.

Language can be harsh on here but if you do that you deserve it. It needs fixing. Period.

ur right !!! but no 1 no..s what is causing petrol to drip from that tube . i can blow trew it and its the pipe that drains water from the petrol filler cap . the larger of the drain holes . so how is there petrol comeing down it .!!

Your fuel cap is leaking. Or you havent been very carefull when you filled it up.

My tdr stinks of fuel if you park it in the sun. Tank and fuel heat up and the pressure has to go somewhere. Ie out the breather.

Are ya talkin about the Cap where ya fill her up with fuel?????,,,,, is it that pipe that is dripping fuel???

Open the cap and leave it open,,,,,start the bike an let run for a while,,,,see if the fuel drip stops.

I still think the people that fitted your restrictor have caused the problem.

The restrictor is 4 big washers with small holes in them. They are fitted to each of the carbs,,inside the inlet rubbers.

What happens i think is,,,,,, the holes in the restrictor washers are so much smaller than origional that it causes back pressure. This pressure cant go through the carbs and engine like it used to,,,, yet it has to go somewhere so mabey it gets forced back up into your tank. Then any movement of the bike will cause fuel to be forced out the overflow pipe.

At a guess this may be your prob.

yes mate wen u take the hole petrol cap off there is a hole to the left when i blow up the tube it comes out the hole . but what ur saying it sounds about right . the bike was perfect witout the kit fitted and now this . ive seen the washers that went in and there is a major difference . dont no what to do now .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online