where's the overflow sr250 carb

skik
This post is 4308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it helps LINKY

i have about 4 diagrams and none show one.what happens to the fuel if say the float hight is too high

Whats the make and model of the carb? A buddy of mine had his float valve stick open on his drz400 and it filled the crankcase with fuel. Im not sure if this was the product of a clogged relief or if there was no relief like you suspect with yours.

Whats the make and model of the carb? A buddy of mine had his float valve stick open on his drz400 and it filled the crankcase with fuel. Im not sure if this was the product of a clogged relief or if there was no relief like you suspect with yours.

not sure of model but its a 34mm Mikuni carburetor cv type

Did you fix it?

My carb doesn't work properly too.

never did get it fixed.ended up buying a second of ebay £45. the threads that hold the pilot jet in were wrung so could'nt screw it in tight.what seems to be wrong with yours?

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me for the late reply, I haven't been online because of my new work and I have been working a lot. :banghead:

Each time I set the lever in the PRI position, fuel leaked through the carburator.

I removed it for cleaning and checked the float too. Then I reassembled all back.

When I started the motor, I realized that it has a not desired air entry because it can't hold the idle. I must search this failure.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Backfire

Excuse me for the late reply, I haven't been online because of my new work and I have been working a lot. :banghead:

Each time I set the lever in the PRI position, fuel leaked through the carburator.

I removed it for cleaning and checked the float too. Then I reassembled all back.

When I started the motor, I realized that it has a not desired air entry because it can't hold the idle. I must search this failure.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Backfire

where was it leaking from on the carb?as for not holding idle.what makes you think is not getting air?it may be getting to much air.check that the rubber boots engine and airfilter side are air tight and have no cracks or tears in them.if you can keep the engine running,spray carb cleaner around the boots and if the bike revs up you have a leak.

Aye backfire " the float valve will be worn, [ not seating.] no amount of cleaning will sort, Remember to change your engine oil,

will be diluted with fuel,, :icon_wink:

Aye backfire " the float valve will be worn, [ not seating.] no amount of cleaning will sort, Remember to change your engine oil,

will be diluted with fuel,, :icon_wink:

i take it there is no overflow on an sr250 carb then?????????

Not familiar skik but cant you see a spigot at the bottom of the float bowl? this is usually the overflow

the bottom of the float bowl????.thats for draining the float bowl

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online