Dtr Reed switch...

Barbary12
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have dt with Reed switch, today I prized if off and taped it up out the way but as I prized it out the glass cracked on the reed switch but the metal connection looks connected still. Iv just insulate taped it right out way to another wire. Bike runs find. Have I fked anything up by cracking glass?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What iv done is sliced the sleeve the reed switch wire cones up. There's 4 wires in it. 2 are switch and 2 are something else. Iv left them in but taped the switch up about 8-9 inches down the sleeve to the other 2 wires. Is it ok taped up to the other 2 wires 8-9 inches down?

My rule of thumb is if you think your going "FKit up" then leave it well alone....

May be boring but it saves you money !!!

james

I need to check my power valve is fully open but I know if I tamper with it il Fk it up. Can u tell if I post pics of it???

When you turn your key in the ignition to on, the valve should run its self clean cycle and you will hear it make 2 noises as it turns one way and then returns to its rest position. Does it do this?

There are photos and explanations in the pinned thread in the dual sport section. Start by taking the cover off and checking if it's pinned into place at the top. If it isnt, chances are it is all operating correctly. Then again it could be turned 180 degrees in the port. The best way to check it all is with the exhaust off as said before. If you are not good with mechanics you may be better asking a garage to look. When replacing the exhaust you'll need to make sure you re seal it well as you'll lose power if not and make the whole process pointless. The Haynes manual has a guide on how to set the cables correctly. Be careful if your adjusters havnt been moved and are corroded. The threaded section can easily snap if not lubricated properly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online