Hi All - Sr125 Clutch cable adjustment

This post is 4379 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I have rectly purchased an SR125 for my fiancee to start off on.. shes seen me on my fazer and fancies a try!

when i brought the bike home for her, i noticed the clutch biting point is right high at the end of the lever, it suposedly has had a new clutch cable, ive tryed adjusting the cable on the lever end with no avail, just wondered if there was any nack or sequence to adjusting the clutch cable/clutch itself ?

any help is much appreciated

thanks alot mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome mike,,, there should be a screw and lock nut , down on the actuator, [ behind sprocket cover, ] back off cable at handle bars,

then slacken lock nut, screw in the rod ,till it just touches, you"l feel resistance, lock it up , and adjust at bars, ,, there may be ajustment half way down cable also,,[ threaded part],,

Hi blackhat

thats superb, i will have a look at that and report back !

thanks alot mike

Hi Again

i have just been out to the bike and had a look, i have taken the front sproket cover off but there are no adjusment screws/lock nuts i can see ??

mike

As Airhead said.

Where the clutch rod comes out of the crankcase by the engine side of the cable there should be a mark. Look where the cable joins the engine. The lever that end will be shaped with a little point and this should point to a mark on the crankcasing. Adjusting after this is either as Blackhats post or there should also be an adjuster in the cable at the engine end. this basically a threaded rod within the cable. It could be that the cable is a bad patten part and you will never get it adjusted correctly or that the clutch needs changing.

This info is for the older SR's. I don't know what year yours is.

What freeplay have you got at the clutch lever? You should have 10-15mm measured at the end of the lever or 2-3mm measured between the clutch lever and the clutch lever holder before you feel resistance. As DirtyDT has mentioned there should be an adjuster at the engine end incorporated in the outer of the cable and one at the handlebar end where the cable goes into the clutch lever holder. If it is a pattern cable it may not have the adjuster in the outer cable.

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online