tzr 125 r belgarda swing arm

danstzr125belgarda
This post is 4404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Im not new to biking but am new to owning a yamaha and am trying to do a bit of research about my bike hoping there is someone out there who has the knowledge i need to aquire.

Basicly I have managed to get my hands on TZR 125 R Belgarda 4DL, although mechanically its sound as a pound ( after a bit of TLC and some minor parts) however cosmetically there are a few odds and sods to sort out, the worst being my extremely rusty swing arm, its only surface rust an can be prepped and painted but I was looking on ebay (as I tend to do as i like to keep an eye out for the rarer parts you never know when you may need them) and noticed a few swing arms on there most of which are nothing like mine but there are a couple that look the same and are a reasonable price but say they are from a 4HW 4FL is this the same swing arm as mine? will it fit?? I have asked the seller if they have any more info but unfortunatley they are unable to say if its the same or not.

Does anyone out there have the answer??

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Around the £30 pound mark should get you a shotblasted and powdercoated swingarm, which will look like new, whereas £30 on Ebay will get you a half decent one, personally I'd go down the powdercoating road.Out of interest did you get any spare bits with the bike? as I am looking for a 4dl barrel, head, and CDI.

Its not the cost so much as saving me the time as I will just prep and re-paint it myself but I have stumbled across a swing arm for £20 painted including postage, its second hand and has got a couple nicks where the chain has caught it a couple of times so just thought if it will fit would just be quicker and easier. the only parts i really have are a couple of the power valve servos but as far as I can tell its a case of there were 3 broken servos and so 1 good 1 was made of the parts, my friend believes he has other bits and pieces lying around but only damaged fairings, mirrors and maybe the standard exhaust but nothing engine wise. Im always looking for spare parts online even if i dont need them so if i find any ill give you a shout.

This is the idea i dont want to rush the repair in a weekend I would like to be able to take it to work an take the time to do the repair and its also handy to have a spare lying around

I work in a bodyshop by the way so dont worry all the work will be top quality this bike has become my new baby and I want to restore it to its former glory

It's a classic sought after bike and deserves the time and money it takes to make it nice and keep it's originality,

I'm not saying dont buy the different one as a temporary measure while the original is sorted though

Paul the Belgradia easily qualifies as rocking horse shit rare. They were a special edition in their day and many got used for racing thanks to the upgraded running gear, forks, wheels etc.

You will have to hunt high and low for parts as save engine and wiring there are lots of unique to the model parts, the sw arm being one of them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online