dtr 125 is this ment to be there

This post is 4398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its not leaking,i had a look on the net at some engines and it was there so nothing to worry about i hope.as for running still same problem still wont rev up to 12000rpm,reving to about 9000 since ive cleaned the carb,better that 6500 i supose

im unsure what size jets in it at the mo mate ill check standard jet is a 210 going by that thread,the bike has a big one exhaust on it so i dont no if id have to upjet or not.as for the oil it a seperate tank

Yes,the hole in bottom of engine is meant to be there.

If your bike is a DTR then you have a 210 main jet.

If you have a standard exhaust (not silencer) then 9000 rpm is good and probably max you can get.

The engine is boging out at 9000 rpm because it has reached its full breathing capassity,,,,,,air in and exhaust out.

The red line starts at 10500 rpm BUT,,,,, and this is a biggy,,,,, if you hold your bike up at these revs for long periods of time then you are going to kill your engine,,,,,, so 9000rpm is good and your engine will last longer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online