Reflectors and/or lights at the back of passenger's seat?

ddlooping
This post is 4406 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As you get the high level brake lights on cars and vans these days I don't see why not, as long as its red, also large vehicles have red marker lights at the top corners etc,

Hi dd, In these days of LED lights on bikes you have to have a reflector or your bike will fail it's MOT, so I should think that any reflector would be legal, in fact the bigger the better so the numpties can at least see what their hitting. :jossun:

So long as you have the minimum legal lighting (C+U regulations) on the vehicle your fine whatever you do.

Providing they don't show a white light to the rear of course.

Flashing red on the rear of a motorvehicle may get you a pull, if Plodsy decides to interpret it as a faulty unit (your nicked) they may also be confused as some sort of indicators by the cages.

I'd stick with solid not flashing stuff, you may even get tugged for pretending to be an emergency vehicle.

just stick to normal lights.......as in red for the tail light, then brighter red for the stop ligh,t with orange indicators, and a reflector somewhere on the back

when i went to put my bobber in for its 1st mot the one thing it failed on (or would of failed on if he hadnt spotted it and told me b4 the mot) was it had no red reflector on the back......so a quick trip to cmc (yamaha dealership in clay cross near me) and £2 later i came back with a couple of them crappy stick on reflectors.....and there no bigger than a 2p. safe to say he was happy and put it through no probs

Unless I'm missing something you'd have thought they would allow for more options.

They're happy for us to stick all sorts of reflectors on helmets, jackets, pants, rear/front of the bike, etc etc.. so as to increase our chances to be seen by other drivers, but the regulation seems to be very restrictive as to what lights you can use; lights that would surely be more effective as they are not dependent on other light sources.

There are obviously colours you need to stick to and you shouldn't use anything that could endanger/blind other road users, but still.

The following is an over-the-top/extreme example but it would surely make a bike more visible.

motorcycle-lights.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online