xj6n

lwcrs2001
This post is 4118 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you sort out this problem ?

What make tail tidy did you buy ?

Just wondering as I am thinking about getting one myself .

• 3 weeks later...

How big is your number plate ? lol. You may just need to put some new holes in it to bring it up the bracket a bit more. Or go and get a slightly smaller one made up.

with mine i bent the bracket out because when my gf got on the back after drilling holes higher it touched wheel still

I had an XJ6S (half faired version but mechanically the same bike) for over a year. The XJ6 will handle realistically everything you throw at it, is not supersport but has a fair amount of get go, comfortable for the pillion, comfortable to ride, the underbody exhaust is fairly quiet but the plus is no damage if you drop it or fear from the pillion from burning.

Quite a solid bike, suspension can be a little bland when pushing it hard-ish (not a racer here) but for the budget I think you get a lot of bike for the money. Direct competitors the Kawi ER6, different engine, similar power, more vibes than the XJ6.

For commuting I think is an excellent bike, fairly narrow, easily flickable through traffic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I purchased my XJ6n march 2011, and have done a few alterations.

• Had Belly Pan Sprayed same as Tank,
  • Tail Tidy Fitted,
  • Wheel Hugger,
  • White Reflective Wheel Tapes,
  • Leo Vince Slip on Exhaust,
  • K and N Air filter,

Its a real nice bike and now sounds bloody great,The Air Filter helps improve acceleration,sorry I havent got any other pictures on here other than profile picture.

• 4 months later...

I know this was way back in september , can't believe I have not been on forum since then.

In the end I fitted the Evotech tail tidy .

Highly recommended , bit of dismantling of bike required to remove original parts but that will be required whatever tail tidy you buy . I work in the motor trade but I consider it a easy DIY job to fit the Evotech tail tidy.

It was a reasonable price and good quality parts , looks good fitted .