anyone know of any vids of a 650 idleing at the right speed with aftermarket pipes?

fearless joe
This post is 4456 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

odd question i know,

never noticed with stock pipes but my vance and hines ones i really do, not sure if its been too fast the entire time or if not rejetting has caused it...

or if im paraniod and its normal, which would be anoying.....

i know there supposed to idle quite quick. but mine sounds stupid, it goes at about 23mph in 5th at idle

anyway, does anyone know of a video on the tube of a bike with similar aftermarket pipes with it idleing at what sounds like the right speed, i dont mind setting it by ear

im tempted to just get a rev counter for it

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

23mph in fifth at idle!..................................I didn't know they fitted them with cruiser control ;)

Have you tried just turning the idle down?

Think what he means by 23mph in 5th at idle is when he rolls off the throttle the bike dosen't slow down any less than 23mph......... i had this with my bike, coming up to a junction/ round about in 2nd rolled off the throttle and the bike just carried on going lol pretty much poo'd my self but i just turned down the idle and problem solved.

The 650 Dragstar should be set to idle at 1,500rpm, according to the manual ;)

ok i think there is some miss understanding as to what i was asking...

there are any number of vids on youtube yes... but alot of people set there idle too low so it sounds like a HD burble, which isnt fast enough for a 650's oil delivery.

was gonna set it to about 1200....setting the idle is easy, but with no rev counter i dont know if its going 1200 or 10 000, and with the aftermarket cans it all sounds differant aswell.

i was asking if there are any vids of bikes on youtube with an aftermarket exhaust that people think sounds about right for a correct idle speed so i can set it by ear

as noise says. if i take my hand off in 5th it will only engine breake down to about 23 then the idle speed of the engine is enough to keep it at that speed.....although i do infact have cruse control anyway

cheers

joe

Try these, This is my BIke with straight through pipes.

The first Video is with quarter choke and the second is with out. I have tinkered with the Main jets and Pilot jets now but if you want i can re-do a few more videos if this will help?

What sounds right will be what sounds good to you and will rarely be within the correct range.

This is why our mechanics use the proper kit.

+1 with TaskMaster, Just use my Vid as a "rough" guide and just go with how you think sounds like the right speed. mine has gone a tad slower due to my pissing about the the main jets etc but not much slower.

Also remember that the 1st Video it was on choke so it was bit fast. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online