Seat Gel Pads

XJ6-boy
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've herd gel seats are good but you would want to be doing serious mile to justify one,,,,,,, ie. a lot of touring or sitting on the bike all day

Thats my thaughts

I can go about 2 hours before me rear gets numb, but I think its time for a break at that point anyway so I use the numbness as a type of alarm as to when to pull over and have a stop.

I've put gel pads from these guys - Danmedica South - into a couple of bikes and they do make a difference. My old XBR500 would be 100 miles before the 'two cheek shuffle' started, after the gel pad was inserted it was all day squishy botty comfort, no problems.

I'd suggest you get a strap-on (ooer!), £47 for the biggest and you can keep it when you change bikes as against £130 for a rebuilt seat you can't take with you .... no-brainer in my book!

You're welcome.

thanks for your thoughts lads and yes I go to Wales a lot over the summer months but find it really difficult to go further than about 1 half hrs before I get a num and painful bum plus I like the idea it is fitted in the bike seat and still looks good no ugly covers.

check out - I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online