TZR50 2003

yammy76
This post is 4502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I would like to ask for your infinate knowledge, I have Been doing up a TZR 50 2003 model, I have done everything bar touch the engine.

it runs well on idle but makes no power at low RPM - anything below 9000 and it is so slugish. 9000 to the 12000 redline it is not a problem pulls like mad...(for a 50cc). Any suggestions would be grateful, as I would like some pointers before I get stuck in.

The engine is the AM6 type.

Thank you in advance

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you checked the compression of the engine, the am6 uses rubber rings for the head gasket and will blow out very easily also the am6 is realy bad for pitting on the conrod small end eye so when you stip it down have a good look as these pits will eat away at the small end untill it fails then the needle barings will seize up your motor as they spray out.

Hello, been away for a few days. It has had a rebore and piston has been replaced as it was previously blown (hole in the top) head gaskets renewed inner and outer. Had the carb off and cleaned all jets, needle and float also checked the reed valves. I noticed the main jet is size #100, is this too big? (A online service manual states #88) This TZR50 has a Arrow exhaust and a standard air filter.

Rare sprocket is two teeth smaller than standard, front as standard. 45/12

Thanks

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online