Newbie but an oldie

OBrien
This post is 4559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Robert here.AKA old fart. Here's a recent shot of my ride. Bought new..she's a 92' FZR 1000D Yammy. Yea...she's fast and furious.

IMAG0298.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome O"brien , i see you"v had the old GS1000, a fair tool in its day,,, wheres you from,,,?

Body of christ" wish we had that weather,, :ylflower:, we have boats , not for recreation, but as means of transport this year,,, :crylaugh:

that explains it...it hardly rains there eh?...she's a beauty :thumb:

Oh it rains alright. Except I don't ride in it if I can help it. I like keepin' her fresh. It helps keep the thrill alive. Plus I'm sorta Monk-like. Actually she set idle for the last three years and I recently went through all four carbs and did a coolant flush on her along with some fresh lube and fluids. I feel like a kid in a candy store all over again.

Body of christ" wish we had that weather,, :ylflower:, we have boats , not for recreation, but as means of transport this year,,, :crylaugh:

Hey...I'm surprised you knew that.Most people not familiar with Corpus just scratch their head. I gotta admit though,the weather here is prime for biking almost year round.It's just getting nice out now with weather in the low 80's for highs. This week will drop to the 60's with clear skies. I'm also amazed at how many more people ride bikes now compared to the eighties and early nineties.

were just about to give up for the year (well the part timers) because of the road salting season in UK

I'm guessing salted roads wreak havoc on metal parts not to mention chain and sprockets for the bike bound motorists eh'.

yep a sure way to cause damage to your pride and joy but a necessary evil to keep the roads safe :(

I hear ya. Well...it's good to be breathin'I suppose. It'll make a chap enjoy the fair season just that much more. Cheers to you all for the hearty welcome. Keep your chin down and eyes up!