Introduction

Cruza
This post is 4566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm new to the forum, thanks for the home for Yamaha owners, I've enjoyed browsing. I rode when I was a kid, 20 years ago, but recently got back into it. I bought an XVS650 Classic 2007 about a year ago and have put on 6500 km. I'm in the Sydney area. I love the surrounding rides, Bells Line of Road, out to Jenolan Caves, Down South to Picton etc. I'll be off my P plate in Feb 2012 and looking forward to it. I'm looking at swapping for the XVS 950 at that stage, but still looking at all the options. The only thing that worries me about the 950 is how many reports say it scrapes too soon. I've only scraped a few times on the 650 and if the 950 has similar clearance it will be fine for me. I look forward to seeing you all out on the road. Thanks again for the forum and all the useful posts.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The scraping thing is mostly from reviewers who are used to getting their knee down and have no idea how to ride a Cruiser.

Great intro and lovely choice of bike, that 650!

Welcome to the forum!!

Hi Cruza, Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I presume Sydney is in Austraaaaaaaliaaaaa.

That is supposed to be a Brit doing an Aussie Accent

Hi, and welcome to the forum Cruza

Welcome mate! As a suggestion, one way of dealing with the scraping is to swap your boards for pegs. Allows for much more leaning! Also I actually find the pegs more comfortable because you can pivot your foot to whatever angle your ankle feels most comfy with. For the brief period I had boards on my custom 650 the gear shifting up and down and breaking was killing my ankles. Swapped them for the oem pegs a day or two after I got the bike.

Hi All, thanks for the welcome and the advice. Thanks Toutsuite for the recommendation on pegs, I did wonder about pegs so the information is very helpful. Thanks mike 1949 for the Aussie accent, that is Sydney Australia, you're probably as good as me with the accent, I'm originally S African.

South African??!!

Why didn't you say so!!

Get round here and join us for a Braai, ma bru!

The young one has some Bredie on and I'm not too bad with the Bobotie or a Bunny Chow. I'll score us some Windhoek (or a Castle, if you're a heathen) and I even know where the best Droewors is at!

Seriously, I *LOVE* S.African food - I spend far too much on Biltong and Borewors as is, but I go past the local SA shop and have discovered TV Bars, Astros, Top Deck and so many lekker things!!!

That's why I'm a broke oke!!

Blimey! Even my street was named after a battle (by a river of the same name) during the Boar war.

Hi guys I am new to the site, I am from South Wales in the UK and I have only been riding since May of this year but I have fallen in Love with it. I am not a fair weather rider and am happing to get out in any weather rain or shine :)

I have an XT125 r black and silver which is my pride and joy as I sold my car just to buy it. :) I got on it today though and found that my speedometer is not registering, it was working last night but this morning it stays on zero, I was wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be?

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online