Flash Bang Wallop

littlej
This post is 4577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Since buying my XJ750RL last weekend I have made a point of starting it everyday because I love the sound she makes.

Today has been really busy so I didn't get to her till after dark and boy is she in a strop.

She would not start. Choke, no choke, various amounts of throttle. Then enormous bang, large flash and a gigantic hole in one of the silencers.

Any clues as to why she wont start. If i get chance tomorrow i will pull the plugs out to check that shes firing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

low charge battery not supplying enough amps to drive the sparks.

bikes need a run to keep everything in check!

Good point. If I can get her running, then a trip out will be on the cards

• 2 weeks later...

4 new plugs and she fired up on the button. Has done since too. new silencers on order so should be back on the road soon

Since buying my XJ750RL last weekend I have made a point of starting it everyday because I love the sound she makes.

Today has been really busy so I didn't get to her till after dark and boy is she in a strop.

She would not start. Choke, no choke, various amounts of throttle. Then enormous bang, large flash and a gigantic hole in one of the silencers.

Any clues as to why she wont start. If i get chance tomorrow i will pull the plugs out to check that shes firing.

sounds more than likely that keep starting it and not giving it a run that that you have flooded it and all the unburnt fuel has caused the enormus bang and flash as the unburnt fuel has ignited,and now you have put fresh plugs it has fired up.problem sorted