my vstar is road legal... finally

fearless joe
This post is 4582 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

its taken a while, but he/she is legal

wana get a nice stupid exhaust once ive sold my old bike

and if anyone wants a headlight of an 02 650 its in my hall and i dont need it

i took out all of the black sludge (oil) that was in it, got 3 and a half letiers out with out changing filter and thats not including the massive puddle of it in my front garden..... no wonder it leaks lol

gona leave it a week and see if it is still leaking and if it is get the socket set out

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1.......get some pics up dude!

Nice looking ride! The 650 Dragstar does really look the ticket! It's a real shame they're not more powerful

That's what the 1100 is for!! :D

That's what the 1100 is for!! :D

never thought i would say a 650 isnt powerfull enough for me,, i thought that was what d*** heads said showing off........ but it really isnt, it can hold 70 if its on a hill

if i had the money i would swap it for the 950 in as heartbeat

never thought i would say a 650 isnt powerfull enough for me........ but it really isnt, it can hold 70 if its on a hill

REALLY??!!

You *should* be able to top 90mph on a flat road.... Even with straight-throughs and no counter-mods, mine will top 85!

Might want to get that bike in for a check-up...

0-60 in 7 seconds standard, with an easy 5 seconds if you go clutchless.

i've had it at close to the ton, on the oem pipes, probably 90-95 real speed, pinned open, on a flat

but when i got to a hill, not a very steep one mind, i just looses speed

although this was trying to keep up with a guy on a 160bhp (rear wheel dyno) vrod and a guy with a 'only' 120 cubic inch s&s engine, considrablly more overloaded then in that picture.. thing brick with engine,

i havent really givin it much of a run since it got home so maybe not overloaded it'll be better

That thing weighs 37 stone - Of course it'll lose speed uphill, ha ha!!

I've maxed out at an indicated 107mph, so yeah 95-odd sounds about right.

And STOP trying to keep up with Speedy the Organ Donor... or get a stupidly fast bike and then try!! :lol: