Dt 175 Mx wont start

Geoclinton
This post is 4590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just want to get her right. I have a week before the my planned mot so reckon I might have time?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way George cancel the MOT, you need to have her 100% or youre wasting your time, anyway you havent even got lights yet let alone any other issues, fork play at the steering head, bent fork stancheons, pitted fork stancheons, leaking fork seals, tyres, spokes, horn, swing arm play, wheel bearings, brakes, lights!!!

do you think a week is realistic

Have you always been so optimistic? I reckon 2 - 3 weeks will do it till the mot Bike will be garaged tomorrow eve so I can start from there.just got to figure where to start

I just dont want to see your enthusiam dashed by not being sure she's ready mate. I added a few more things for you to check but I still think your time margin is way to tight...we'll see.

has your bike got a full loom have you the lights and switches to fit?

The loom is intact the only feeds I cannot find are the rear light and indicators the front has indicator feed. I will eventually need a new switch gear as there is no slide or horn button. I am bypassing for the horn till then and will fit indicators after mot.

.The switch gear has no slide switch for the indicators nor a horn button. So I have purchased a 9v independent horn for now for the mot . Once I can get a new switch gear then all will be properly restored .

Good news is that I found the oil pump nicely seized \ `so now lubricated and working as it should so that is the smoke issue sorted thank the lord..

will investigate the exhaust tomorrow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online