Dt 175 Mx wont start

Geoclinton
This post is 4589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hoi Guys

I have stripped and sorted petrol tank, carb, oil pump,air box, oil tank and replaced the gear oil . I put it all back together again and I seem to have lost the spark.so she won't start.

Can anyone recommend a bike mechanic in or near Brighton? I am too busy and inexperienced to be able to sort it.

Cheers

Geo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geo, are you getting any electrics? horn, indicator? brakes? if not check fuse, or seeing as how you've had the petrol tank off, check the female terminal on the coil that sits under the tank hasn't been accidently pulled off,

Nev

p.s check sidestand is up too, or bike won't start

There isn't any key or ignition to speak of. only the remains of the paddle switch. She did run when I got her started no probs.the electrics only run proper when the bike is running so I am a bit stuck and running out of time to try and get her on the road.

Cheers

George

Geo, are you getting any electrics? horn, indicator? brakes? if not check fuse, or seeing as how you've had the petrol tank off, check the female terminal on the coil that sits under the tank hasn't been accidently pulled off,

Nev

p.s check sidestand is up too, or bike won't start

NEV sidestand not applicable on these...you just have to remember or pogo round the first left hander :0

ordinarily for a DT175MX the battery and fuse would also be not applicable as they will run straight from the magneto...I think even the early 125's (with points ign) will also

Aye clinton " have you meddled inside headlamp,? look for black/white, from ignition to coil, :eusa_shifty: or near airbox, wires coming up from mag, its gotta be somwhere youv been, ,,

The kill switch is on run with the slide covering the red box. Is the spark obvious when i've taken out the spark plug and rested on the cylinder head?

Well all I have gatherd is that its a 175mx circa Nov 1981 not sure about cdi though

But you said it was a 125 1980 in another post?

Hi All

I have just bought a !980 DT 125 but only have the chassis and engine number. Can I identify the model and year from these and how can I find the original reg?

Cheers

Geo

Yep indeed \I did then I informed the bar forum of its true identity after I had phoned Yamaha with the frame & engine numbers. This bike was advertised as a 125 on ebay so I had the pleasure of a drive to exmoor to pick a 125 that turned into a 175 once I phoned yamee

No spark at all tried switches in various ways . I must have dislodged sumut somewhere I will start to retrace my steps . Bleedin frustrating though I just wanna get on and off road with her.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online