XT125x not starting??

Ollieb23
This post is 4606 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I run my bike out of fuel and can't get it running again. I've cleaned out the air filter and what I presume is the fuel filter, checked the needles in the carb and flushed it through with fresh fuel and cleaned out the fuel tank. Had it running a few times but had to keep the revs up for it to stay running and it won't start at all now. I'm all out of ideas now and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no. its gravity fed straight into the carb. ive got it running but when it tries to idle/ gets to low revs fuel comes out the overflow pipe off the carb. i'm thinking the float in the carb may not be returning propperly to shut the fuel off.......but when taken apart it seems to spring down freely......any ideas?

If fuel's pi$$ing out of the overflow, no wonder the poor thing won't run properly. Check your float height is set correctly, then check that the float's not got a leak (air out, fuel in, float sinks), then check the float needle & seat for crap/wear. One (or more) of these things will be the cause, sort it and you should be OK.

HTH

Had the float out and it was correct and intact (18.9mm fyi). Double checked all the jets and needle for wear, had the sleeves out, all washed in fresh petrol, and tighten up correctly, re-fitted, started after 2nd turn over, ran fine whilst warming up, then it started spitting petrol out of the carb again, promptly cutting out! every single part of the fuel system has been cleaned and double checked from the tank to the carb/inlet manifold.......floats not upside down! didn't touch the idle screw as was working perfectly before, (But are you ment to re-calibrate it every time you take the carb apart????) hmmm....i'm led to believe that it HAS to be something to do with the float and too much fuel getting in, but cant visible see anything wrong with it........what other problems could cause this?

Ollie