YBR mirrors

no vice
This post is 4638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm new to motorised 2 wheels and have recently acquired a YBR 125 custom to practice on before I go for Direct Access. The only thing that bugs me is the poor rear vision from my miirrors. Now you may say that its because the YBR is naff or its because I'm not used to cycle mirrors but I dont think the view is good at all. I can see well to the rear left and rear right but if the mirrors were a little longer I'm sure the rear view would be better. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, im sure you could get longer after-market mirrors,,,,,,measure the length of yours and search E-bay for longer.

Other than that you will just have to tuck in your elbows quickly whenever you look in the mirror.

Bike mirrors are always a bit 'iffy', mostly you get a great view of your shoulders and elbows with a wee bit of road peeking round the side. Longer stems may be the answer, but have you thought about bar-end mirrors? I had a set on my old MZ (many, many moons ago - I feel old now!) and they were the absolute mutt's nuts - clear, stable view with no human body parts in sight, just a bit of the back of the seat to give some scale.

Just a thought.....

Bike mirrors are always a bit 'iffy', mostly you get a great view of your shoulders and elbows with a wee bit of road peeking round the side. Longer stems may be the answer, but have you thought about bar-end mirrors? I had a set on my old MZ (many, many moons ago - I feel old now!) and they were the absolute mutt's nuts - clear, stable view with no human body parts in sight, just a bit of the back of the seat to give some scale.

Just a thought.....

you are old kirrie, you just don,t know it.. :hah:

you are old kirrie, you just don,t know it.. :hah:

:finger:

Oh I know it alright - every morning when I come downstairs it's like someone's dropped a bag of castanets - I just refuse to accept it. :moon: