New To It All

This post is 4621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings to all, especially the ladies! Made the jump, took the class, and now I have a bike! Today I just bought a set of bikes, a 1978 and a 1979 Yamaha XS400. One runs, the other is close to it. I agreed to take the spare bike in the transaction so I could learn how to do my own work and repairs, but not screw up my transportation in the process. I've been carless for a couple of years, thinking that would help the earth last a little longer... and now I'm tired of riding the crappy, late buses and powering a pedal bike. Ahhh..... the wind feels great! the '78 runs, but I think I'm going to have to bust right into the manual due to the starter button not cooperating when taking the bike home from the previous owner. Alas... I am NOT asking for help on my first post... and not asking for help... yet. Glad I can be a part of something... happy riding to all!

summer

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: fellow xs owner, feel free to search around and any specific Q's post 'em in the classic section

• 2 weeks later...

HOWDY Summer I too am new at all this and currently own a 1978 400 myself. It hasnt run and im in the process of rebuilding it for the next spring and summer ride in 2012. Welcome to the community.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online