Advise Please

2 Wheels
This post is 4634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, last weekend i looked at the plugs on me Fazer.

They were rather whiteish in colour,,,,,, like new plugs with just the tinyist bit of light gray.

Anyway i put them back in for now,,,,they look fine, right gap and everything.

The bike runs good and smoth as it is,,,,,,,,,SO,,

Should i leave the thing as it is ( not broken so dont fix ) OR should i make a little adjustment and try get her to run a bit more rich ? ? ?

What ye think ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like you've got idle hands.....if it was me, i'd buy a cheap restoration project to keep my idle hands busy, and leave the unbroken bike unbroken...( but i'm a bit of a coward ).....

Ok, last weekend i looked at the plugs on me Fazer.

They were rather whiteish in colour,,,,,, like new plugs with just the tinyist bit of light gray.

Anyway i put them back in for now,,,,they look fine, right gap and everything.

The bike runs good and smoth as it is,,,,,,,,,SO,,

Should i leave the thing as it is ( not broken so dont fix ) OR should i make a little adjustment and try get her to run a bit more rich ? ? ?

What ye think ?

Truthfully, if it was me (and thank God you don't have to be) I'd leave it well alone as I'm the old fashioned if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe a few months ago I'd have dabbled but after I've sunk so many hours into getting my Honda back on the road, I'm grateful for a little smooth running so think yersel' lucky!

Well i do very much rather not to do any work on her. She runs fine.

On the other hand i'm about to clock up 1000 + miles on her in 2 weeks time and id hate to think that im tramping along the road with the pistons running a little hotter that they should. :unsure:

She has a K&N oil filter on her,,,,,,,now i didnt look at air filter but im presuming thats K&N also. Mabey thats giving her a little more air rather than the standerd filter.

Other than that the bike is totally standard, so air filter changed but mabey carbs not adjusted to suit. Not that they should need adjusting !

I think ill leave her as she is !

More thaughts please ???

:)

More thaughts please ???

My thoughts are that you should read this page:

http://www.parts-automobile.info/about/spark-plug/spark-plug-guide

You're best placed to see the plugs, figure it out and make up your own mind. You learn better that way (or at least I do). Click on the pics to enlarge... then print 'em off and keep as a handy reference on your garage wall!

I wish there were a 2 Thumbs Up smilie...

My thoughts are that you should read this page:

http://www.parts-aut...park-plug-guide

You're best placed to see the plugs, figure it out and make up your own mind. You learn better that way (or at least I do). Click on the pics to enlarge... then print 'em off and keep as a handy reference on your garage wall!

I wish there were a 2 Thumbs Up smilie...

Cheers for that Ttasky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i forgot i allready had a plug ref chart somewhere.

Ill get out and run her at different speeds/revs then after each run ill check plugs out.

I was giving her a service and now thats its done i'm probably just over paranoied.

ill check it out the weekend and hopefully get it sorted.

sounds like you've got idle hands.....if it was me, i'd buy a cheap restoration project to keep my idle hands busy, and leave the unbroken bike unbroken...( but i'm a bit of a coward ).....

Jimbo,,,,, i do have a little project lying in wait for the winter weather.

Its a little mini moto dirt bike. But thats for a different thread.

Where bouts ya from,, i could be passin your way on me travels B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online