WHEELIES

SPINAROONEY
This post is 7040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI ALL. IM QUITE NEW TO BIKING AND WAS WONDERING HOW DO YOU PERFORM WHEELIES???

I RIDE A YAMAHA FZ600, DOES IT NEED TO BE POWERFULL, OR IS IT JUST TECHNIQUE?

SOMETIMES IT JUMPS UP, BUT THEN DROPS STRAIGHT BACK DOWN.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

2nd gear, sit at about 10,000rpm, drop the throttle then crack it on straight away, this should make the forks compress and the force of the acceleration will lift the front wheel up.

hth

• Admin

Well i would just say practice practice practice, give it more power than you think you need, i think people chicken out when there bikes making a little noise :D

But for everybike and person its different, just keep trying or fit a tiny sprocket B)

Found this from a Google search......have a LOOK

It seemed pretty informative, especially when I got to the bottom of the article & discovered it was from the Wheelie Master himself.......Mr. Rothwell B)

• 2 weeks later...

Dont worry mate i got an 87 FZ600 and all you need do is get your gear on leathers etc get your bike nice and warm poodle along in first at about 15mph knock the gas off and crack it on and hold tight with your knees on the tank.

It may only come up a little but continue untill you have it sorted then try 2nd gear and about 25mph same agian ,you get the jist .

Once you have it totally sorted try fist gear bout 15mph the slip the clutch and the wheel will jump right up but dont try this untill u are confident powering the front up as it does come up very quickly and can scare the proverbial out of you if you arent ready for it.

most of all practice it has taken me 2 years to get it and it still doesnt go that high(might be a lack of balls)!!!!!!!

• Admin

Nah you can wheelie a 50! Just sit as far back and lean backwards if your having probs! Shouldnt have said that :blink:

Hi,

I am no great shakes at it anymore (too old, too scared) but l take mine up in second at about 60mph, just throttle off quick jab of clutch ping the throttle and up it comes. Don't panic about how high it comes it's never as high as you think until it is as high as you think and then it's to late anyway. Everybody says if it gets to high just hold it on the back brake, ye right, sheer panic has taken over by that point!

Be lucky :D

• Admin

If you want to wheelie get a trials bike, shame yam never made a good one. My old montessa ruled B)

If you want to wheelie get a  trials bike, shame yam never made a good one.

The HELL you say! ;) ........

SY250LR-Right-Lg.jpg

Brand New for '05--the SY250.....these things are all about WHEELIES!

.....although I gotta agree, Montessa's are Cool! :thumb:

• Admin

That does look the dogs bollocks Scott B)

But i meant when i brought my montessa about 7 years ago, the yams were no way as good as they are now. Not upto date anymore with trials so not sure how they really compete though. :unsure:

I got to assemble a couple of Spanish Trials bikes outta the crate....@ the bike shop I used to work for.......1 was a Montesa...(which is now owned by Honda :angry: )......still a Bitchin' Machine! B)

• Admin

yeah it was a shame they were brought out by HRC :angry: Im going to have to get another trials in the near future B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online