Bleeding six pot Calipers

Racc
This post is 4650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any tips on bleeding the brakes on a yzf 750.

Stripped the Calipers on my yzf which was indeed of need of stripping, can only explain the stuff inside as 19 years of crap, but I have bled the brakes and the lever comes nearly back to the grips, I have bled and bled the brakes but still no good, any help ?

Thanks

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

keep going, I get a see through plastic tube and suck it through till you see brake fluid. its hard going It took me ages till the fluid started to come through.

tie the lever back over night with tie wraps to get any little bubbles out.

.... or get a syringe (one from a B&Q paint tinting kit is fine) and a bit of plastic tube and 'push' the fluid up from the caliper bleed nipple. Keep an eye on the reservoir as you do this - lots of bubbles followed by a rapidly rising fluid level, stop at this point. Done this way you may not even need to do a traditional bleed on the system - works for me!

Thanks for the reply, I have got to the point where the fluid is coming out but can't get a good lever, will try the syringe and see what happens, if not the cable ties, thanks

Are you sure all of the pistons are free to move,

also, if possible drop the wheel out and use something like a piece of flat bar between the pistons so they come out much further and come up against something solid.

Then once the system is full and roughly bled push the pistons back, this will put a lot of fluid back to the mc so be ready and the brakes should be ok.

With having to move all 6 pistons there is a lot for the little bit of fluid to do so the bleeding has to be perfect, it will take time and no small amount of effort, not to mention brake fluid to get them half sharp.

Alternatively throw the bloody lot in the bin and get the set up from an R1, FAR better brakes and a bloody site easier to bleed.

• 2 weeks later...