My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, thanks for the offer but it would prob cost me more in postage than the powder coating itself. Also just a kind bit of advise, i would go to the new members section and introduce your self/ company as you will get more respect and custom this way. At least then we know who you are and what you do rather than you just blurting in and throwing your web site about ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As promised here is another Vid, i tried to show the Air filters n see if you could here them sucking in large gulps of air but you cant :( but you can see the throttle move if that turns you on :D

O and the exhausts will be changing. I no longer like the look of them so once i buy a MIG welder i will sort them out.

TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well more offerings to the Bobber god came through the door yesterday consisting of new For dust seals as the gaiters had perished some how and i highly doubt the seal have ever been changed but i guess i should have done them when she was off the road lol.

Also the new clutch cable arrived so im one more step closer to the suicide clutch and jockey shifter just need to fab up a few bits to link up the cable to the gear leaver then i have to weld up the chain links to the shape of my shifter paint and bolt on.

And lastly i got a new number plate which maybe a tad smaller than normal :D but not too small lol

Pics to shortly follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Right here goes with some more pics,

Here are the new exhausts with the wrap, most likely will be geting them powder coated black and then re-wrap them but will only be half of what ive wraped now,

mms_img-1082625886.jpg

mms_img505307277.jpg

Ive changed the bulls eye bar end indecators with some billet ally grips with built in flashers (bit cold in the winter i think lol)

mms_img530323057.jpg

Will be getting some new mirrors soon.

Now here is my rear fender, i sill got a ton of work to do to it but its getting there!

Cut out for the swing arm

mms_img-1983692486.jpg

mms_img-1176809457.jpg

2hours of tape messring and tape

mms_img1486344164.jpg

mms_img2018157445.jpg

And then after cutting,

mms_img6473488.jpg

Still need to grind it to make it neat etc but the shape is there. Here it is on the bike.

mms_img-924359460.jpg

mms_img-1032438319.jpg

Its gunna be painted black so it blends in with the tyre so it will seem as tho there is no fender, and i will add some white pin striping patterns to it.

Next on the shopping list is rear light, and a bobber seat. O and the springer forks lol

How wide is your rear fender?

Its about 9.5 inches

your bike is awsome , so don't take this the wrong way.

it's just my opinion, exhaust wrap looks shit and tatty , don't go their.

Ha ha, yer i know what you mean i just needed some thing on there as i was getting mega fucked off either burning my leg of burning holes in my pants and this wrap was laying about the shed so went on. It wouldn't look too bad if the wrap was black.

I'm still toying with the idea of selling her tho :eusa_think: just need to sort out the fuel tank after some c**t pushed me whilst filling up with fuel and then proceeded to wipe the fuel and PAINT off my tank :madflame:

Yer I know, I do like the bike just that ive got the bored factor at the mo n just want a bit more grunt out the old girl. Think im going to up grade the coils n cdi and up the revs see if that works.

Right, now that the wedding is all over and done with i can now save up for some new toys for the old girl, but if what i do to her next don't tickle my nipple then i think by this time next year she will be sold and a new project will have been started.

I still need to pull my finger out and sort out this suicide clutch and shifter, re-place the fork seals and re-paint the fuel tank or get the split tanks fitted (one or the other) I'm now looking at getting a Dyna CDI unit and Dyna coils which will give the girl a good 5hp gain and also i can then Advance / retard the motor and un lock some performance out of her. Then for the cherry on the cake i will throw in some Iridium spark plugs for a better ignition.

If any of you want / thinking about new coils and that here is the web site

http://www.sscustomcycle.com/products/engine/v-star650.shtml

Its my Birthday soon so i think i deserve a treat lol

• 1 month later...

Here we go, two final videos of Betty before she will be sold this coming week end. she has got 45 watchers on E-bay, over 1000 views and 6 bids already and i had a chap offer me his 600 bandit bobber as a straight swop (third video)

Betty sounds nicer IMO

Yer im still not 100% what im gunna do yet, its either buy a ready made chop/bob and do my own personal touch to it or just build one from scratch out of a xs 650 or 1100 depending if i can get hold of a good cheap donor bike.

I do like that Bandit chop but he never got back to me and i was thinking that if i did get it id chuck the 1200 motor in it.

i work with a guy who's currently doing a 1200 bandit bobber, he ain't got far with it though.

he has the frame the tank the seat and a set of digital clocks, he also has a full bandit as parts donner.

Sounds like a good build, well this chap has not got back to me so i think he may have sold it so i will see how much i get for my bike then im gonna build one from scratch. So im either going to do a XS 1100 or a V-Max :D There is a V-max on Ebay for £1k its a complete state and its not been registered in the UK yet so should be the perfect bike.

Well I have found a few vmax's but gotta keep an eye on the prices as with my budget I can afford no more than £1500 for a donor bike so we will see what I can get my hands on. :-D but thats the beast I wanna get my hands on.

Well I have found a few vmax's but gotta keep an eye on the prices as with my budget I can afford no more than £1500 for a donor bike so we will see what I can get my hands on. :-D but thats the beast I wanna get my hands on.

check your pms. have sent you a link to one for sale that sounds like it might do you.not my bike by the way..