My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You really don't want to press play Tommy. I made the mistake of watching it when I got into the office...

Disturbing...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ha ha ha! Sorry guys couldn't help it, er wonder if we can get kev to do that to foamy??????

Well here are the new bits i bought at the jumble sale at Haynes yesterday, both need some modification to get to fit but should look good once done.

Still not 100% sure on the fuel tank yet tho, ive taken the bike off the stand and sat on it to see how it feels, and i feels great on there! nice a thin but when im off the bike im still not sold on it but it maybe becasue im still in my shed and cant stand back and look at it fully.

Honda CB160 tank

DSC_0207_zps84fa5199.jpg

DSC_0210_zps689b2941.jpg

DSC_0212_zpse9e3a13f.jpg

DSC_0213_zps16dd8604.jpg

And a Yamaha Head light guard i got for a fiver!

DSC_0208_zps71f8bb22.jpg

it would be easy to say it looks great but I'd be lying, if you can make that tank look good I'll eat my feckin helmet

I mean WTF are you thinking man, is this a joke!! it looks like a toaster

Ha Ha, yer this is what i mean, i spotted it under some chaps desk at the auto jumble and thought it could look good but then i got it on the bike and now i aint too sure as you say it dose look like a toaster and making it fit and look good is going to take more work than it should. think im just gunna sell it on a long with my tank and get my sporty tank i wanted

Yer similar but ive made up my mind, its going! very bad decision on my half and have actually gotta say sorry to Dt502001! i have found a coffin tank that loks uber smart in the states (just gotta buy it with out the wife knowing) just hoping that this purchase dosn't take months to arrive

LOL I knew you would come around to your sences and see it my way.Serious though with the theme your going for I think the coffin will look great and as very few are building that way your bike is going to turn heads.

If the tank is way expensive they aren't hard to make,tape cardboard cutout's together to fit the bike and then trace to alli or steel cut and weld all together.Most shop that sell metal have a sheer to cut out the pieces so you get perfect clean straight cuts,then it just a matter of welding slow so you don't warp the pieces

To get a better idea of what I mean skip ove to xt 500 idle thread and Tommy ten bike has a picture of the tank he's havin built you can see the cardboard cutout for the next piece to be made and thats a curved tank way harder to make than the flat chunks of a coffin tank.

PS how long does it take to make toast in that thing taped to the bike now,it's fruginugly

Well just got the support from the wife as I showed her the toaster and she pissed her self and told me to get shot if it. Went to order the coffin tank and they are all sold out :( so thought screw it and just ordered a king sporty tank, fuel tap and cap for a sweet £120 should be here in time for me to tape it to the frame before I go on holiday next week.

Well dt I stuck some bread in it on sunday night and I'm still waiting for it to pop so it's doubly shit ha ha

Nope that's it Tommy I'm deeply hurt and no longer love you! Ha ha. No as I say it was a bad choice that I made and now I have yet another Fuel Tank to get shot of ha ha.

Still I've finally chosen the color for the bike and I'm sticking to this one. But I'm actually having three colors, One for the frame, One for the tins and another color as an accent color

New toys arrived this morning :D sporty tank, fuel tap and fuel cap. Looks SOOOOOOO much better than that old toaster

DSC_0215_zpsc05e6fa9.jpg

DSC_0217_zpsf5dae791.jpg

DSC_0218_zps2a2361fa.jpg

DSC_0219_zpsca5fe91d.jpg

If you like it that much you can buy it off me!? :biglaugha:

Ive always loved sporty tanks and should have gotten this one sooner instead of the other monstrosity i got, and i don't have much welding to do on this one bar a few brackets to mount it to the frame.

Got the bike back on the stand last night and started putting things on it to see how/if they fit and what the over all look will be like and MY GOD she looks completely different, so happy at the mo i just want to throw it all back together and ride it but that will not be good or cool so need to get a grip and crack on.

Not yet mate but doubt any one is as dumb as me lol

How about some plumbing

DSC_0221_zps7b6e9344.jpg

New location for breather pipe

DSC_0224_zps1a46227d.jpg

Rear view

DSC_0222_zps00def229.jpg

Going to be sleek and mean once done

DSC_0223_zpsf00d10f8.jpg

Well tonight I've just spent an hour turning an imperial part into a metric part, but my god was it worth it!

Will post pics of it tomorrow for you

New Harley throttle housing to do away with the big bulky yammy one. Sadly as it was a hardly part I had to convert it from imperial to metric.

Before

DSC_0227_zps1acdff45.jpg

After

DSC_0228_zps9dbcd6d0.jpg

DSC_0230_zps19ce1caf.jpg

Next is into the other side and to get some new smaller switches to replace the standard ones along with the kill switch on the throttle side

DSC_0231_zpsff733cbd.jpg