xvs 125 bobber exhaust

Paulwhite
This post is 4687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

iv been out and bought a slash cut end can with removable baffle for the bobber.....had to modify it a little to get it on but its nice and snug :D

one little problem though .......its loud. and i know what your thinking louder is better....but not on a 125cc revving its nuts off at 10k rpm :blink:<_< ...(sounds like a giant wasp with a performance enhancing drug problem)

iv had the baffle out and replaced the wadding with better stuff thats thicker, but its still a little loud for me......im going to get my manager at work to crack out his decibel meter to see just how loud it is but would like some ideas of how to make it quieter.

cheers.

.Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv been out and bought a slash cut end can with removable baffle for the bobber.....had to modify it a little to get it on but its nice and snug :D

one little problem though .......its loud. and i know what your thinking louder is better....but not on a 125cc revving its nuts off at 10k rpm :blink:dry.gif ...(sounds like a giant wasp with a performance enhancing drug problem)

iv had the baffle out and replaced the wadding with better stuff thats thicker, but its still a little loud for me......im going to get my manager at work to crack out his decibel meter to see just how loud it is but would like some ideas of how to make it quieter.

cheers.

.Paul.

Did ya ever here the expression "bananna in the tail pipe" Paul :lol: :lol:

I may have read somewhere of using wire wool???? But no idea if it works

well iv packed it out with fibreglas matt. but its still kicking out some noise <_< im going to have a play with it at work and see what i can do :D

just taken it out for a test ride and its effecting performance so defiantly need to get it sorted.

Wire wool dose work we done it on my step dads vance and hines on his harley, it worked a treat but 5 mins later once they were nice a hot flaming bits of wire wool started coming out and then came the loverly noise :D looked f**king awsome too lol

Could always weld a plate onto the baffle to block 1/2 the hole on the baffle to re-direct the exhaust and also create some more back prssure which should make it quiter? tack it first so that if it dosen't work it is easy to take off?

well im not wanting any more back pressure cause at the moment its got quite a bit :blink: which has lowerd my acceleration and top speed :( its not too bad but its noticeable. im going to get a new pipe at some point then i can have the choice of exhausts depending what im up to.....one for noise and shows and one for performance B)