bright-house are shit!

Paulwhite
This post is 4695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i went to bright house the other week (Saturday) wanting to get a big tv (47 inch) so on impulse i set up a contract and payed for delivery. total cost would be £2334 over 3 years with insurance and warranty, they told me yeah everything is fine but i need a number and address for a reference. so on the Monday i gave it them on the phone, great i thought........i wait and wait.....friday comes along and no TV so i ring them up to cancel (I'm within my 14 day's as it states in my contract) plus i can get one cheaper from PC world. they said yeah thats fine its all sorted but you will need to come in and sign a couple of forms then we can issue a refund......so i go in the next day (it takes 45 min to get there by the way) i go in ............oh sorry sir we cant issue a refund till Thursday so if you can come in Thursday then we can sort it out for you.........after me spending half an hour arguing with them about the fact that i cant make it and them plain ignoring it i travel home and make a complaint to the customer service department..........today i receive a letter saying that i have defaulted on payment! and owe them £38!!!!! its supposed to be canceled!!!!!!!!!!! so yeah I'm pissed right off!

.......Rant over. (sorry)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why don,t you threaten them with "Watchdog"

Shite-House are no strangers to Watchdog. They don't give a f&&k about any kind of self-regulation or have any scrupples. The amount of people where i live who have a TV, XBOX, laptop, sofa and microwave from them is mad. One of my neighbours pays more for the 'accident cover' on their various agreements (i think it is rolled into one)per month, than i pay for my buildings&contents. The interest is eye-watering. The often used phhrase 'over-a-barrel' sums up their business model perfectly.

I bet Paul you are glad you are getting out now (once the problems have been sorted out).

well im not sure if i am or not thats the bit thats winding me up. iv still got to go down to sort it out, whats annoying is they treat you like scum at the mansfield branch .......well after you sign the contract anyway. but go to the chesterfield branch (which is closer to me) and they cant do enough to help.

i dont see why i have to go to 1 specific branch to cancel a contract and re-claim my money.

so as it stands ....bright house are shit!

These type of companies (bright house, car craft etc) all operate on the principle 'our customers are scum, they can't afford to go to proper places to buy things so they come to us, which is fine as we'll sort them out a weekly payment plan that costs them 3 times as much, however if they complain they can f&ck right off'.

If I were you I'd go to which ever shop you 'need' to (which is just fobbing you off by the way) and refuse to leave until you have your money back. Ask to speak to the manager and if they don't refund ensure everyone nearby hears that if there's a problem they don't care. Also tell them you're going to trading standards etc as they're clearly breaching their contract and if they don't refund you immediately you will take things further.

Or you could send a letter to their office (recorded) demanding a refund within 14 days otherwise you will seek damages.

I was once told by Barclays I had to go to a specific bank to withdraw money to buy a car!?! I asked them why was that when they quite happily take my money from any branch in the UK. I got my money, and now no longer bank with them.

my neice works for bright-house in Bolton ,:lol: sorry it's no laughing matter,

but she told me alsorts of tricks that place gets upto and nether to use them,(not that i would anyhow.)

but from what she tells me they pray on the not to well off ,and sqeeze all they can from them,

any moneys owing to them then gets SOLD to a debt collecting COMPANEY,who ads their charges ontop of everything.

Shit one. Be aware there's a chance that your credit rating may also have been affected as a result of your 'late payment'

It's another example of company ineptitude

Shit one. Be aware there's a chance that your credit rating may also have been affected as a result of your 'late payment'

It's another example of company ineptitude

Vic,

Paul should be okay on this. Shite-House don't use credit-agencies in their business, that's why folk on the rock-and-roll can get stuff from them, where-as traditional lenders (who do use agencies) will not lend to them. It's also why they ask for quite a few contact details if you buy from them, so they can chase you up more easily upon default.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online