rattle rattle topend or bottom end ???

rob.patton
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pull the clutch in...is it still there?

If it's not the clutch, as OG suggested, have a butchers at the powervalve, see if its catching, my mates was making that sort of noise, after he'd messed about, trying to set his manual powervalve.

If it's not the clutch, as OG suggested, have a butchers at the powervalve, see if its catching, my mates was making that sort of noise, after he'd messed about, trying to set his manual powervalve.

ill have a look 2morz think it is the powervalve what if it is dose that mean i have fucked my pistion n powervalve ??????

ill have a look 2morz think it is the powervalve what if it is dose that mean i have fucked my pistion n powervalve ??????

I certainly hope not, I ended up buying the bike off him. :rolleyes:

You b4stard :o

ha ha ha, very good!! :blink:

i played around with the power valve 2day no difference :( i have never rebuild a dt b4 though :wacko: i did the old trick put a long screwdriver to my ear and different parts of the engine its defo the top end, i think its the Small End Bearing i never changed it then i did the top end rebuild I KNOW SILLY ME :blush: that or the piston has gone where the power valve has hit it :pissed-off: ill have a look 2morz as i never got around to it 2day ended up painting the frame :sleeping:

yep still there !!!

have you tried the screwdriver trick? i know it sounds daft but it works.

get a long screwdriver and put the pointy end on a part of the engine, now put your ear on the handle . (you can listen through the screwdriver!) its a great trick for finding noises coming from the engine, try different places on the engine to locate exactly where it is coming from.

soz....you posted b4 i did lol

Edited by Paulwhite

I certainly hope not, I ended up buying the bike off him. :rolleyes:

should b ok then lol

:blink: :blink:

Who's bike is it now eh ???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online