Clutch problems

This post is 4737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the symptoms of a slipping clutch are and how to adjust it? I took my bike for a short, 3 mile ride yesterday and it seemed to be working fine, but when I fired it up today, it had some difficulty idleing in gear and was very unresponsive - almost as if it wasn't getting enough gas. Is this a clutch or carb issue? What are some steps to correct it?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it had some difficulty idleing in gear

Thanks!

Does it idle correctly when in neutral ? if revs drop off wen gear selected, is usualy clutch drag, if its slipping " it will sound like an automatic car when excelerating,,,;)

The bike runs fine in neutral, but there is some immediate grab when you put it in first. After that post I made this afternoon, I went out and ran a few laps up and down my driveway, in 1st and low 2nd under 15 mph, and it seemed to be as normal. Maybe some water entered the system when I washed it last night?

The bike runs fine in neutral, but there is some immediate grab when you put it in first.

Aha " thats dragging,, adjust clutch, till clears,, connot see water ingress, unless engine cap left off, ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online