fzr400 problems

bernies_son
This post is 4693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all ive gota 1wg model fzr 400 exup and it has a mid range flat spot. ive checked and reset the exup and checked the charging and the battery , any ideas please

have you checked the carbs, jets etc

• 2 weeks later...

yes checked the carbs even tryed droping needle height

Single sentance replies will get you nowt, define checking the carbs. Full strip or just looked under the tank to be sure they are still there. And why drop the needles? Has it always had the flat spot?

• 1 month later...

Single sentance replies will get you nowt, define checking the carbs. Full strip or just looked under the tank to be sure they are still there. And why drop the needles? Has it always had the flat spot?

I dropped the needle height because every forum said try this first, i completely stripped the carbs cleaned reset float height still goes flat at 7000rpm

I dropped the needle height because every forum said try this first, i completely stripped the carbs cleaned reset float height still goes flat at 7000rpm

If you have checked your Carbs and the Exup and all appears well and your float heights are good then you may have worn emulsion tubes (quite common on Yams (my YZF750 has been through 2 sets) this causes the bike to run rich and foul making the fueling side of things really difficult to get right.

www.factorypro.com/prod_pages/indexmake.html

Check out this link I am about to order a set of their replacement emulsion tubes for my YZF750...

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online