flip up lids

liquidcooled
This post is 7054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:lol:

I use a Lazer Revolution Jet Mask, which is great IMHO. which I use when out touring or on my V-Strom (for riding my Ace I use a Shoei Raid)

Has a drop down full size internal dark screen (unlike some of the other makes which just have a drop down piece for the eyes (my mate had one of those Caberg ones, and when we went to Italy a couple of years back, when he took his lid off, he had sunburned cheeks and jaw, but a white band across his eyes! looked like a negative of NT avatar!)

Is double glazed, so misting simply cannot happen, is reasonably light, fairly quiet, seat belt type fixing and looks completly different to all the other lids out there, like something from a Star Wars film! Also, as someone who has to wear glasses all the time, I can take the thing off without having to take my bins off first, a real plus at times.

Thoroughly recommended, and I've had two of them.

Stormy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

After a very close call i would never use a flip up helmet ever again, i borrowed my brothers once last summer!

I was sat at the traffic lights in the summer in my leathers feeling the lovely heat coming out from underneath me so i had the face up on the helmet to keep you a bit cooler as you can.

Flicked the lid back down and drove off, just before lane changing i turned to do my life saver and the front popped up half way so i couldnt see shit! I know it was my fault for not having clicked it down properly but would never use one again after that. :blush:

Once speaking to a bunch of paramedics and they say they hate the things they just don't hold up in real life crash situations as apposed to lab testing. They say they have picked up so many people with smashed in jaws because they wore a flip up, where if they had been wearing a proper full face they'd have walked away unscathed. Yeah the ploice and riding instructors use them but they have to flip the lid to talk to people all the time. Also when do you see them wanging there bikes around corners scratching !!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online