XJ died on me!

wild foamy
This post is 4762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps,

The XJ finally died on me last night, coming back from newbury along the A4 with a chinese takeaway in the tankbag, just about got into hungerford when the power died and it would not idle, sounded like it was struggling to run, possibly starved of fuel?, it died when pulling away from a roundabout, after i had pushed it round the corner to a petrol station and swore at it a bit it started and began to run correctly.

Im going to do a plug chop on it today and see how that goes, its running a motad 4-into-1 with more holes in it than a sieve, thats the only engine mod on it as far as im aware

so, why has this happened, what has caused this to happen and how can i prevent it happening again?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep Foamy sounds like a momentary fuel interruption, is it running ok now ?

Runs okay now, thing is at high speeds if i open the throttle fully it hesitates before powering up fully, just looked at the plugs now and they are chocolatey brown colour, where should i be looking next?

Mines hesitates too-its called lag, plugs sound fine with that colour, it might just have been a vac in the tank, check your tank breather tube, if it happens again open the filler cap and you might hear air rushing in ?

Seems clear of water, just been over to wales and its gone through the rest of the fuel, but I filled it again and its just done it again on the M4 :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online