Clutch rollers on a scooter

Canny lad
This post is 4749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i have been whizzing about on a scooter while waiting to find a decent bike.. The bike is nearly finished but i am changing the clutch rollers on the scoot as the old ones were knackered.. My question is when i took the old ones out they were covered in grease.. Are they supposed to be greasey or should they be bone dry??..

i will add the grease looked pretty manky so it may not have been put there deliberately.. Any ideas fellas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont know much about these little scooters but !

If the rolers are what drive the belt and the belt drives the wheel then im guessing they shouldnt have any grease on them. The belt would just slip through the roler and not turn anything.

?????????

Dont know much about these little scooters but !

If the rolers are what drive the belt and the belt drives the wheel then im guessing they shouldnt have any grease on them. The belt would just slip through the roler and not turn anything.

?????????

well they dont directly drive the belt.. to be honest i am not exactly sure how they work but the scoot was still riding fine even with all that crap on em... however i wont be greasing up the new ones when they arrive i dont think...

well they dont directly drive the belt.. to be honest i am not exactly sure how they work but the scoot was still riding fine even with all that crap on em... however i wont be greasing up the new ones when they arrive i dont think...

'DO NOT GREASE THE ROLLERS' they need to freely 'roll' up and down each of the variator ramps that they sit in.Nev

Nev cheers and i cleaned the "ramps" and all surrounding parts to get rid of as much of the manky grease as possible... they seem to rattle about in there now so should be ok... :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online