night shift

gaz
This post is 7097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just finished the night shift this morning, and was wonderin if any of you lot work nights,do you get cranky and tell everyone to fuck off, even if they only want to know the time ,or is it just me?

I'm not the most even tempered person at the best of times but .

FUCKIN HATE NIGHT SHIFT. :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I can surely relate to this as of late!.......been workin' 4pm to 2am for the past week......now it looks like I won't get a day off till next weekend! :shock:

Oh well, just keep thinkin' how fun it's gonna be to ride to Monterey next July, to see the GP........makes those long shifts seem all worth while. :wink:

Yes I do nights 7 till 7 for half of my shifts, and I can feel the anger rising when I am tired. My wife recognises the signs now and doesn't get involved.

As soon as I have rested it's gone. It's weird.

Cheers

Rob

I used to be a coontrol room operator with Devon and Cornwall police, doing all the 999 emergency calls and all of the radio control ops etc..

There's a stint of 7 night shifts after your double sets of early and late turn shifts followed by 11 days off. You needed the days off to readjust and regain your sanity.

Night shifts are bad for the body and mind. Try doing it when you are co-ordinating stuff like a train derailment or a multiple road traffic accident and people are spread over the road like marmite. You get a little disconnected from the ordinary world.

Doncha find you get really cold at around 3 - 4 am, just when the eyes start to sting ?

J

Doncha find you get really cold at around 3 - 4 am, just when the eyes start to sting ?

J

My eyes sting all the time!......especially after staring @ a computer monitor for 10-12 hrs....Everyday :shock:

see now me and my mates only ever come out to play after around 11o clock and end up in bed 4-6oclock in the morning and thats normal for us, maby we should get nightshift jobs or something :P

or maybe just a job :roll: :lol:

Seriously tho folks, it really can't be good for you at all, can it?

I mean ,,Iget heart burn ,head aches when i get up at 4 in the afternoon,and seem to get more stressed than usual.

Still, at least it's only every other week, some of the lads have done it solid for years,they reckon yopu do get used to it. :?

I worked shifts for 7 years.

I really hated the nights becasue you got cold, got the shits every morning, slept badly, ate really badly and missed out on everything.

The only good thing about shifts was the pay. About 4 years ago wifey told me to get a normal job or she'd leave me and take the nipper because she could'nt put up with me being all cranky.

Best thing I ever did but coping with a pay cut was bad.

i work nights and have done for the last six years. What screws me up is the weekends if I sleep too long Saturday I can't sleep at night which knacks up me sunday then I go to work knackered on Monday night!

well i'll be on my last night shift tonight for this stint and have been up since 11.50 because that cunt next door is fucking hammerring and drilling on....revenge will be sweet, bastard :evil:

that cunt next door is fucking hammerring and drilling on....revenge will be sweet, bastard  :evil:

Yep......sounds like it's time to fire up the Exup Without the end can on!.......@ the crack of dawn. :twisted:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online