YAMAHA DT125 Not sparking after engine rebuild :(

Lloydi
This post is 4789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there all, ive spent this week stripping down my engine on my 2002 dt125 to make a gasket to stop it leaking oil, ive just finished putting the engine back in the bike today got it all wired up and a few kicks later it wouldnt start, i decided to bump it off.. still not going so i took the plug out and it had no spark, firstly i changed the plug, still nothing. i checked the ht lead and its fine, checked all the wires to the stator and they all seem to be fine and have continuity, im just stuck with it now been trying to trace some wires and check them. i have checked the kill switch, the side stand switch. can anyone suggest some other ideas to fix it, urging to be back on the bike now as the sun has started to do its thing :) any help would be great, many thanks Tom :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is it lit?,

it may stop the bike starting if the stand switch is faulty.

How did you test the stand switch?

i just disconectted the connecter further up the loom then bridged the two wires across. is there any other tests i can do to it ?

i just disconectted the connecter further up the loom then bridged the two wires across. is there any other tests i can do to it ?

What do you mean further up the loom? do you mean the switch connectors?

Yes you can test it with a multimeter.

Bridging is only a temporary fix for when a switch is duff, just to get you going. So long as your bridge is good and you didnt make the mistake of bridging the switch instead of the loom side :rolleyes:

What do you mean further up the loom? do you mean the switch connectors?

Yes you can test it with a multimeter.

Bridging is only a temporary fix for when a switch is duff, just to get you going. So long as your bridge is good and you didnt make the mistake of bridging the switch instead of the loom side :rolleyes:

yeah at the connectors, i made sure it was the loom side too :) ive just had nearly another hour on it cant find a thing with it :(

:) ive found the fault, my mate luckily has a dt125 so after borrowing parts ive found out its the stator, now need a place to get one, anyone know of anywhere i can get one :)

:) ive found the fault, my mate luckily has a dt125 so after borrowing parts ive found out its the stator, now need a place to get one, anyone know of anywhere i can get one :)

try electrex world

The stator is a general structure where all the coils are mounted, lighting, ignition charge (source) and pulser coils are all mounted there. your problem would be any one of two (obviously not lighting) they are usually tested by measuring the resistance between the relevant wire and ground (chassis) and comparing against spec. trouble is I dont know what the spec is. However you could compare against the readings from your mates stator to narrow it down

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online