power commander

oldtimer
This post is 4790 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has anybody got one fitted to there bike?

have looked at fitting one on my bike £319 in the uk but bought from california £165 plus customs charge of £27 a big saving but how good are they really, not looking for more bhp just more control over the fuel injection side

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Broonie, the power commander from what I've read on other forums seems a bit of a gimmick/toy, I dont have one so cant comment directly, I would sum them up as being as good as mucking about with sprocket combinations-what you gain at one end you lose at the other :huh:

thanks jim, yes i have read the same as you but some of the guys racing the tt600 in the states reckon it cures the surge problem,had it in yesterday and triumph have updated the latest tune,dyno showed it had increased the bhp by 8hp but still surging when riding home not as bad but still scary at high speeds on twistys.should have bought an R1. :P

thanks jim, yes i have read the same as you but some of the guys racing the tt600 in the states reckon it cures the surge problem,had it in yesterday and triumph have updated the latest tune,dyno showed it had increased the bhp by 8hp but still surging when riding home not as bad but still scary at high speeds on twistys.should have bought an R1. :P

you'll have to get the fz600 out then B)

has anybody got one fitted to there bike?

<snip>

how good are they really,

Speak to Simon @ Where you will get sound honest advice.

I have one, but I also replaced my airfilter with a high capacity filter (mainly to be able to clean it on-the-road). The XT motor benefits from allowing it to breath so the PC-V I bought made a huge difference in power delivery. My 660 single can out pace a KTM990 up hill from a slow start (not the same on the open road mind!)

The PowerCommander is tuned to what you want it to do, BHP, Torque, Economy and it can switch betwen modes too (so you could have 'race' mode and 'road' mode if you so wished).

However, the real cost of a PC is the setup. Unless you can find a suitable map that fits with what you have then you are going to have to spend time on the Dyno - it is for this reason I say speak to Simon, he has lots of maps already. To get the most out of you PC, you should have a custome map written anyway. I spoke to Simon, he had a map for my bike with the DNA filter setup so that was good for me.

The US price is good, but it's the dyno time that costs - so check this out. A cheaper US import then Dyno might be more expensive than a £280 Powertech supplied version with a suitable map. Also consider what would you do if a fault developed?

many thanks darren sounds just what i am looking for and yes you are right about dyno time so will follow up your lead.

yes you can but there are only about 3 maps and they are not very good have tried them but still surges,triumph rat forum recommend tune boy an aussie version of power commander plenty of maps but no agents over here so still the problem of dyno time.

with triumph discontinuing the tt600 the chances off any more updates to maps is highly unlikely as they are putting all there efforts into the 675,that said its still a great bike handles well and the brakes are the best and for what i paid well pleased.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online