XT660Z Tenere - 100mpg!?

This post is 4793 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

At the Scottish Motorbike Show today, sat on a Tenere and thinking this is just right for me (also entered the competition to win one) and a salesman claimed with light use of the throttle you can get 100mpg. Is that true?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

go too XRVforum and ask a guy calle sean from Hastngs on there he had a new one recently well a year or 18 months ago, he has sold it now, but he did 30,000 miles in around 12 months on it so is well qulified too tell you it,s fuel consupmption

go too XRVforum and ask a guy calle sean from Hastngs on there he had a new one recently well a year or 18 months ago, he has sold it now, but he did 30,000 miles in around 12 months on it so is well qulified too tell you it,s fuel consupmption

or stay here and ask 'Gas up - Lets go'

or stay here and ask 'Gas up - Lets go'

aha i did not realise Gasup had a Tenere

mind yuo is this a 660 tenere or a 1200 super tenere he is asking about i wonder

The clue is in the title Merv ;)

Doh

did not read the title this time

mind you i should have had that Tenere off Sean it he only wanted £3250 for it at a year old ok 30,000 on the clock was a bit high but that price was good, I just went away too work as he offered it and when i came back and it had gone,

Merv

100mpg.......

Hmmmmmm

Dunno, never worked out the mpg.

However. The tank is 22 litres (23 if you fill the expansion space), and, if you ride realy smooth, keep the speed under 70, on long runs 220+ miles before the F-Trip is fairly easy to achieve. You then have around 70 miles on the f-trip. Now, when I say 70, this is what I've made before deciding it's time to fill up.....

Loaded ot unloaded doesn't really make much difference to the mpg.

The fuel gauge however is a lies, it couldn't tell the truth if it's life depended on it... I've had it flashing F-Trip before and only managed to squeeze 10 litres of fuel in it.

A point the salesman didn't tell you, you can actually ride the bike, non-stop from full to empty without the need to have your spine re-aligned. There have been a couple of times I've ridden places with guys on sportsbikes, sports-touters and Naked bikes. In every case I arrived before them, not because I ride fast (but I do keep a good average)or take stupid risks, but mainly because of the bikes range and ability to ride non-stop. So over 300 miles I would make one stop to top up, the other riders would take 3 stops but would need to stretch or have physio before moving on again.

I have a mate with a XT1200Z, the range is about the same, but with more power and greater comfort (and double the price tag!).

These bikes aren't for everyone. They are tall, very tall and it's less about the length of your leg and more about your skill and ability on the bike. I have a mate who is a short arse, he manages fine. I've spoken to others who are around the 6 foot size and they claim it's to high.... I've a 29" leg, perfect for me.

They are also a single, so if you don't like Thumpers, you are never going to gel with this bike. For a Thumper it is smooth, but compare it to a Fazer and it's a bone shaker.

A good opportunity for some pictures I think ->

This is Finland, about 70Kms south of the arctic circle

P9020075.JPG

Northern Greece a week later

P9100106.JPG

Where do you want to go today?

Port012.JPG

At the end of the rainbow is the pot of gold, Northern Racing Gold!

RacingGold.JPG

THere's always a Donkey around somewhere....

Lakes10-019.jpg

22/23 litres = 5 gallons approx so say 5 gallons in 300 miles = 60 mpg approx so realistically 55/60 mpg then

i would be happy with that i reckon, my honda does not do that but it is running around single track roads etc up and down the box all the time, not steady cruising, it may do better on a straight road

mev

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online