Rxs 100 running problems

Daniel mcstanton
This post is 4800 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I'm new to this forum I have a Rxs 100 when I first start it up it revs right over if I leave it running for about 5 mins then I get on it I rev it nd I revs to 6000 rpm then splutters all the way over to 9000rpm then iv turned the oil pump down but since iv turn it down it ain't soon it as bad but it's still there Its doin 70 miles on a full tank £10 spark plugs sandy brown the needle in the carb is all the way down aka clip is at the top it's had a new plug don't seen what the problem is any one got an idea :/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there " check the cable, ie disconnect it, then start engine, work cable by hand, see if problem persists, if still revving, check for air leaks,,,

remove the,, thin bit of foam,,,replace it with the correct bit of foam,,it will cost money,

then try again..

Done that still running chit

Removed the barrel and cheaked the rings nd piston nd barrel that's all fine

Replaced the spark plug

Replaced the air filter

Tried lowering the needle in the carb but even when I put the needle all the way down it still wetting the plug up

When it's idle it at about 1500 but keeps rising to 2100 then comes down ect. .......

I don't under stand any of it :(

It could be worn crank seals, particularly the one on the left hand side (generator side)

Try removing the cover over the generator ..start the engine and spray a jet of WD40 (with straw attached) through the slots in the rotor aiming at the crank seal. If the engine changes tone as you do this, it will confirm the problem if it's there.

If when you take the cover off you see wetness and smell petrol, this alone will be confirmation enough.