yamaha dt125 r clutch trouble

bella9
This post is 4791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys i have a 1999 yamaha dt125 r . when i try to put my bike into gear when bike is running it just stalls ,when i pull my clutch in when it is running (not putting it into gear).it sounds like there is a scrapeing sound cumming from the clutch ?............when bike isnt running and i put bike into gear and push it back and fawords a few time the clutch seems to work but bike is very stiff to push ?.any help would be great thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i forgot to carry it on ;/ sorry

Another new thread bella? why not continue with your old one so we can see where were upto ;)

u got any idears what could cause the noise mate . or could it just be as simple as needing new clutch plates (the only thing ive done to clutch is put the pushrod bearing in )

• 1 month later...

Hi Peeps,I recently got a new clutch for my DTX and found if the clutch was adjusted incorrectly there was a

strange scraping noise, from what i could gather this is the clutch basket opening out too far and hitting the casing???

also I put silkolene light gear oil in the gear box before the new clutch and i believe, because its fully synthetic, it

swells the cork plates causing drag and slip.

when did it last have a clutch and what oil are you using in the gearbox??

hope I helped a little, James

Hi Peeps,I recently got a new clutch for my DTX and found if the clutch was adjusted incorrectly there was a

strange scraping noise, from what i could gather this is the clutch basket opening out too far and hitting the casing???

also I put silkolene light gear oil in the gear box before the new clutch and i believe, because its fully synthetic, it

swells the cork plates causing drag and slip.

when did it last have a clutch and what oil are you using in the gearbox??

hope I helped a little, James

Come on now fess up and show yourself in the noobies section with a bit of background.