Lake Anecy July 2011

This post is 4813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Departing early from Dover on the new super Ferry Spirit of Britain on the 2nd of July 2011.

Spirit-of-Britain-ship.JPG

Crossings are on special offer at £60 pounds return.

Bike(2 people) or car incl (9 people)

A gentle ride on some fine N roads to the first night stop at Chalon-en-champagne.(Ibis £49)

025965A.jpg

The 2nd day takes us down to our second stopover again an Ibis.

On monday we take the short hop to Lake Annecy for 4 nights (one of France best beauty spots).

annecylake1.jpg

image003.jpg

While based at Annecy we will have some great rideouts into the French Italian and Swiss Alps.

Stelvio-Pass-4.jpg

And Lake Geneva just a short ride away .

lakegeneva.jpg

The Tour De France will also be on while we are in France.

tourdefrance.jpg

We will depart Annecy on Friday the 8th of July and take in some more great roads to our 1st over night stop at Chalon -En- Champage.

After some more great roads and a stop off at Lemans our second night stop becons(Ibis) .The 10th will see us arrive back at Callis for the return Super Ferry to Dover.

Tour_de_France_2011.jpg

Anyone is welcome to tag along Total mileage to Annecy is aprox 575 each way with max 275 in anyone day .

Its a cheap trip.We have booked a chalet near Annecy for £100 for the 4 nights.4 nights B&B in Ibis Hotels @ around £60 per twin /double room.(check offers)as it can be less.

Ferry £60 return.

£200 Fuel.(depending on bike and riding style)

Food and sundries.

No toll roads.

Approx £600 for 9 days 8 nights two people and bike plus food.

So why not come along and give it a try.All bookings to be done by yourselfs.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was in Locarno the week before last, blooming lovely!

I've to go back there in the summer, about August time. I'm trying to convince work to let me take the bike!

I was in Locarno the week before last, blooming lovely!

I've to go back there in the summer, about August time. I'm trying to convince work to let me take the bike!

i was about a mile from there last august for a week,some great roads,we looked down on the castle on the lake from a cafe at the top.

I've camped at Annecy at the municipal camping place.

Beautiful area, nice beach. water was only 1'c colder than the air temp (in summer)topless beauties abound along with single pole towel tents :D

• 2 weeks later...