Small Licence Plate

grey haired git
This post is 4894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was thinking of buying a Highway Hawk chrome licence plate trim, size 195x145mm for my XVS 1300. Because of the smaller size I think it would look better than the standard number plate. The only concern I have is that the local Constabulary might take exception to the smaller plate, letters and numerals. has anyone else got this size plate and have they had any problems.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Calculated gamble mate, some places don't bother others, Linconshire being high on the list, will have you.

You live in Wales :blink: , i wouldn't risk it,  from what i hear the police over your way aren't a friendly bunch where bikers are concerned.

Thanks for the replies, managed to find a chrome full size plate surround, not as smart as the highway hawk design but should be ok. On reflection will stay with the standard size plate (less hassle) but will look into a lay down bracket which might streamline the look.

Thanks for the replies, managed to find a chrome full size plate surround, not as smart as the highway hawk design but should be ok. On reflection will stay with the standard size plate (less hassle) but will look into a lay down bracket which might streamline the look.

THIS site might help - it has a Plate lay down mod for the standard plate. You may need additional lighting on the plate if you lay it down.

I know, worst part of the 1300 is that ugly billboard - I reckon it knocks 10mph off our bike acting as a sail (they should have mounted it at the bottom of the render). I was going to move mine to the side but fitted the saddlebags instead, then was going to lay the plate down but then had to fit a rack and trunk for going abroad so wasn't sure if it's be visible...

There's another good link HERE full of other mods which will keep you busy over winter... :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online